Sunday, September 03, 2006
My attempt at the Natural Cures thing
After reading that Natural Cures book discussed below, I have been trying to do a few of the things that seem to make sense, such as:
-eliminating MSG, high fructose corn syrup, aspartame, and hydrogenated oil from my food.
-eating more organic food
-jumping on a mini-trampoline
-taking a whole food supplement
Still looking for the magnetic pinkie rings, air purifier, and shower filter.
Now let's discuss some realities...The author of the book tries to say that all these things he recommends are inexpensive or free or at least do not cost much more than their mass produced alternatives. While I do agree that you need to do these things, I have to disagree with this one point. They are not inexpensive, and/or they do cost a lot more than their nasty chemical laden mass produced version.
Examples: organic milk $5.89. regular milk $2.50
2 organic green peppers $7.75 (yes, I did a double take on this one) , 2 regular ones $1.58
(I bought the organic milk, but not the peppers.)
I would say that my grocery bill this time was roughly 75% organic from HyVee and it was around $160. I bet if I would have bought all non-organic stuff, the bill would have been more like $125.
I did try organic grass/range fed ground beef (you know how every recipe in Iowa calls for 1 pound of ground beef, browned and drained) and it tasted really good. I think I will have to try to add organic meat to my list. Can't remember the price though, dang.
I want to do this stuff. I really do believe probably at least 85% of what he says, but damn, that to me is a lot of money! And let's not even go there on the air purifier for $350
So, what - am I doomed because I'm poor?
And Jen, I'll say it again - you really need to read his books. Even if you aren't going to do the colon cleanse or whatever, there are other things you can start trying that may help get you off some of the medications you are taking. Will you at least just read it for me?
-eliminating MSG, high fructose corn syrup, aspartame, and hydrogenated oil from my food.
-eating more organic food
-jumping on a mini-trampoline
-taking a whole food supplement
Still looking for the magnetic pinkie rings, air purifier, and shower filter.
Now let's discuss some realities...The author of the book tries to say that all these things he recommends are inexpensive or free or at least do not cost much more than their mass produced alternatives. While I do agree that you need to do these things, I have to disagree with this one point. They are not inexpensive, and/or they do cost a lot more than their nasty chemical laden mass produced version.
Examples: organic milk $5.89. regular milk $2.50
2 organic green peppers $7.75 (yes, I did a double take on this one) , 2 regular ones $1.58
(I bought the organic milk, but not the peppers.)
I would say that my grocery bill this time was roughly 75% organic from HyVee and it was around $160. I bet if I would have bought all non-organic stuff, the bill would have been more like $125.
I did try organic grass/range fed ground beef (you know how every recipe in Iowa calls for 1 pound of ground beef, browned and drained) and it tasted really good. I think I will have to try to add organic meat to my list. Can't remember the price though, dang.
I want to do this stuff. I really do believe probably at least 85% of what he says, but damn, that to me is a lot of money! And let's not even go there on the air purifier for $350
So, what - am I doomed because I'm poor?
And Jen, I'll say it again - you really need to read his books. Even if you aren't going to do the colon cleanse or whatever, there are other things you can start trying that may help get you off some of the medications you are taking. Will you at least just read it for me?
Comments:
<< Home
Oh man, and some of it is easy and inexpensive, but I can never remember/make my do it. You want a "for instance?" For instance, taking a teaspoon of applecider vinegar before every meal. It's supposed to help you lose weight along with being good for your digestive system, and you know what? I even believe it, but I still can't make myself remember to do it. But I have renewed conviction to try...
Ok, went to the web site. A thousand bucks to sign up for a lifetime membership. Um, no thanks!
And I was looking for pickles at the store the other day and for giggles checked out the organic ones. 5 bucks for the small jar. At the risk of repeating myself, um, no thanks!
Post a Comment
And I was looking for pickles at the store the other day and for giggles checked out the organic ones. 5 bucks for the small jar. At the risk of repeating myself, um, no thanks!
<< Home

