Sunday, November 05, 2006

 

O Canada, Part Deux

Well, I'm back. Ready to finish up my observations of that lovely country.
where was I...
10. They hate Americans.
11. Traffic in Calgary absolutely SUCKS!
12. They will take US dollars at any store. At first I thought this was a good thing, then realized that I was giving everyone a 10% tip with every bill that left my hand.
13. They have only one native beer. I thought it was called Molson's, but when you order, it's just a "Canadian beer. "
14. There are lots of good looking men in Calgary, probably women too I guess.
15. The natives are not afraid of the cold. They wear short sleeves when it is getting up to, say, 10 degrees Celsius.
16. The metric system sucks. Or the US sucks b/c we don't use the metric system. Anyway, I really had no idea how cold it really was (-10 degrees Celsius), nor how much gas really cost (84.4 cents/liter) , nor how fast I was really driving (maximum speed limit 110 kph).

Comments:
Calgary's weather is very similar to Minot's. Now you know why I left!!!!!
 
Also, in Minot you could use American money OR Canadian money...it was accepted everywhere, with the exception of the occasional pop machine. When I moved to Iowa, I had as many canadian quarters, dimes, and nickels as american ones, and the first time I tried to use one, the clerk busted me. But I honestly didnt know what the hell she was talking about....I was just so used to using them that for about 20 seconds, I couldnt understand what the problem was.
 
I have tried to use some of the quarters in vending machines. NO GO! So I have a whole pile of "play money" for the kids since it is junk here.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?