Friday, June 15, 2007
Oh Portland
There actually ARE things I like about Portland, but sometimes the things that I don't like outshine….Take today for instance. I got right on the bus that isn't too bad of a walk from Miles' school. That was a good thing. Then this drunk, toothless, possibly homeless man with a possibly stolen, really-nice, bike got on, talking up a storm about how he is a lover not a fighter, looking his whole bus ride for his transfer, he just knew he had one. Then he started talking about all the pretty women, me for instance and my pretty curly hair. [sigh]
Dawn's comments: Oh man, that is the quintessential Portland experience. And precisely why I was happy to no longer ride the #15 where I prayed every ride that S wouldn't loudly ask questions like "Mom, why does that man have so many earrings on his face"...
Karla's comments: Emily asked me that in the airport, but she said, look at all those earrings. As I muffled her mouth. Kids! Kind of like that guy at the max stop going on and on about my eyes. Ok shut up already!
Dawn's comments: Oh man, that is the quintessential Portland experience. And precisely why I was happy to no longer ride the #15 where I prayed every ride that S wouldn't loudly ask questions like "Mom, why does that man have so many earrings on his face"...
Karla's comments: Emily asked me that in the airport, but she said, look at all those earrings. As I muffled her mouth. Kids! Kind of like that guy at the max stop going on and on about my eyes. Ok shut up already!
Comments:
<< Home
I also forgot to mention that when we were at the Burnside bus stop. The guy got off and started peeing off the overpass.
I just realized that said overpass that he was peeing off does not go to the river as I originally thought. It is just off the Burnside bridge, but overlooking the Skidmore Fountain area!
Post a Comment
<< Home

